Wednesday, October 12, 2011

SWAPPING ART FOR A HAT

Last year I swapped art for a bag with Ifona. This year I'm swapping art for a hat with Ella Gajewska. Ella is a milliner and she makes all these awesome hats. You know, the royal wedding type stuff. I love those things but I really had a hard time justifying buying one especially since I'll probably wear it about once a year. And I guess Ella felt the same way about my paintings. So I'm thrilled that we ended up talking about it and decided on a swap.
She's asked for a painting of one of her models wearing one of her hats that would look like a Vogue magazine cover. Here's the picture I worked from and the final product:

I just finished it yesterday. The size of the original is 16"x20" so it's looking pretty big and pretty awesome quite frankly. I had a lot of fun working on it.

On the other hand I've asked for a hat that Ella was offering for sale at her store, but in purple instead of red. Here are the two pictures of the two hats:










I can't wait to get it. I'm not anywhere close to being as beautiful as Ella's model but I'm hoping to be able to pull it off.
I love swapping. It's like modern day bartering via internet:)

1 comment:

  1. Wearing red clothes and artificial hat that give a beautiful pose.

    Kangol

    ReplyDelete