Monday, October 17, 2011

EVERY MOTHER COUNTS

Every 90 seconds, a woman dies from childbirth. Fully 90% of those deaths are preventable. The Aid organization Every Mother Counts is training midwives in Afghanistan, opening health clinics in the Democratic Republic of Congo and shipping unused medical supplies to South Sudan. These are tangible, practical projects designed to combat maternal mortality and injuries worldwide.
Daily paintworks is having a fundraiser for Every Mother Counts and I've decided to auction this painting (one of my favorites actually) for the cause. Please click here to see all the works being auctioned and to find out more about the fundraiser. 
I'm going to donate all my profits from this sale to Every Mother Counts. I'm also planning to donate 50% of all my profits of all prints of this painting to the same organization. 

3 comments:

  1. This is really great. I twitt aboaut is :)
    good luck with sales !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely painting and the post speaks volumes, thanks for sharing :D
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete