As a small business owner, I struggle sometimes, or sometimes I struggle a lot. I read something pretty inspirational this week and would like to share it with you here. I've also chose some gorgeous etsy products to include as "graphics" in this post:
1. Every cartoon that Charles Shultz (Peanuts creator), submitted to the yearbook staff at his high school was rejected.
|Charlie Brown Centerpiece by inspirationtocreati|
2. After Fred Astaire's first screen test, the memo from MGM, read: "Can't act. Can't sing. Slightly bald. Can dance a little". Astaire kept it over his fireplace in Beverly Hills.
|Fred Astaire pillow by CustomKingdom|
3. Walt Disney was fired by a newspaper editor because "he lacked imagination and had no good ideas". Disney also went bankrupt several times before he built Disneyland. In fact, the proposed park was rejected by the city of Anaheim, CA, on the grounds that it would only attract "riffraff.
|Custom Watercolor Portrait by FeelingArtsyStudio (me)|
|Beatles Decal by VinylWallAccents|
5. Thomas Edison's teacher said he was "too stupid to learn anything". He was fired from his first two jobs for being "nonproductive". As and inventor, Edison made over a 1,000 unsuccessful attempts to invent the light bulb. He didn't see it as a 1,000 failures though, instead he said that the light bulb was an invention with a 1,000 steps.
|Light bulb moss terrarium by eGardenStudio|
6. Albert Einstein did not speak until he was 4. His parents thought he was "subnormal" and one of his teachers described him as "mentally slow, unsociable and adrift forever in foolish dreams". He was expelled from school
|Albert Einstein MePuppet by Sublimations|