Monday, October 25, 2010

HUBBY PORTRAIT

So it turns out that my husband has not always been the 6 foot tall man that I've known. He was a very cute boy at some point. I've decided to do a portrait of him 25 years ago. I did it in watercolors on Arches cold press paper. I've taken some pictures as I went. They're not the best quality since I did it with my phone but you'll get an idea of what the progress looked like.

Step 1:
After a quick outline sketch I blocked in the colors lightly.


Step 2:
I continued working on it and kept adding color and detail as I went. I only used 2 brushes throughout: size 10 and 6, I think. I really like those brushes with gel grips.

Step 3:
I continued adding more details and at the end I added a little bit of a background.


And here a picture that also includes the original photo that I worked off of. This way you can go ahead and critique and judge as you please.




1 comment:

  1. I have a very talented friend!! :) this is really good!

    ReplyDelete