Sunday, April 4, 2010

SOMETHING COOL

The theme of our next AA meeting will be acrylics. I checked out some books from the library to find out more about the media and read something cool in one of them. The book is Dynamic Acrylics by Soraya French that I would like to post a quote here: "There is a vast difference between merely being able to paint and being an artist. The latter has the ability to turn the ordinary into something extraordinary". I think it's a very neat thought and I hope you find it inspirational, like I did.
In the mean time, I'm still in love with pastels. I can't believe it's only been a couple of weeks since I've tried them for the first time! Feels like I've been missing out for years. Here's my "extraordinary" of the day. This painting was inpired by a teeth whitening add from a local newspaper.
This is my first time working on black paper. It's feels a little upside down, inside out but very much fun at the same time. Enjoy your Sunday and Happy Easter everybody!!!!

2 comments: