Saturday, March 13, 2010

OUT OF SKETCHBOOK

Monday Artday has a challenge called Circus. I really don't like Circus, especially the parts with the animals. However, I do love Cirque de Soleil. Those people do the craziest things with their bodies. So I've tried to capture one of the Allegria acts, but I'm not really sold on it. Here it is:
I did it with crayons that my fellow Artful Arse Rachel gave me for Christmas. They are pretty hard and you can't really layer one color on top of another. So I went back and tried to enhance colors with markers but that made it look too dramatic so I quit.
I haven't submit it on Monday Artday. I may try to start over and do better on the second attempt. I'll keep you posted.
A little off the topic, but still on circus. If you like reading "Water for Elephants" by Sarah Gruen is a very neat story about circus back in the early 1900's. It's somewhat sad but it's a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment