Friday, March 19, 2010

AA PASTELS

Last night we had our second Artful Arses meeting. The theme this time was PASTELS. I had two ideas as far as what I was going to work on and I have even made sketches ahead of time to make it easier on myself during the meeting. But, of course, between trying to get out of the house on time yesterday morning, feeding the cat, fixing lunch, taking the recyclables out and everything else, I forgot to bring them with me. So then I had to improvise and come up with something, anything else to paint. Here's what I came up with:
This is just some flowers. Plants are kind of hard for me because I really don't like drawing still life too much. Plus this was my second time working with pastels ever.
My second drawing/painting was an attempt at my sister's portrait. Unfortunatelly it doesn't look much like her. I guess actually looking at her would have helped. Instead I had a great time indulding in drinking wine and enjoying getting my fingers dirty with pastel dust. Either way, here she is:
Now, off to a four day trip of skiing. You all enjoy your weekend, whatever you end up doing!

1 comment:

  1. It does look like her ! I love it :)) Woman, you are talented indeed - I love all your stuff !!! :) Big hugs from Taiwan !

    ReplyDelete